Welcome! Thank you for your interest in apply to be a Story Slam Storyteller
Stories bring people together
We’re a collaborative community, and we want to hear about your journey, while having fun… because, well, why not.
We welcome all story levels. Whether this is your first time ever speaking in public, or your a seasoned speaker, you are welcome to apply. You have a story, and you’re story matters.
Speaking is a great way to gain confidence, spread your message, and create a positive movement. We want to empower you to be wildly successful in whatever you pursue, and this is just one opportunity to exercise your voice.
It is challenging to compose an impactful, inspiring and compelling story within 3 minutes. But, this story structure is a highly valuable exercise in mastering your message. Remember, it’s not all about telling everything about you, your life, business or cause. It’s one story that demonstrates the essence of your topic or what you’re all about.
- It needs to be a story with a beginning, middle and end.
- You must be prepared. Plan, practice and rehearse, don’t wing it.
- You’re talk must be 3 minutes long. Know your timing and do not go over.
- Do not say things like, “If I had more time…” or “I can only say xyz because I don’t have enough time” and things like that. The whole point is to compose a story that’s 3 minutes long. Create a good story that fits within that time. Don’t try to tell a 20 minute story in 3 minutes.
- Follow our theme for the evening. Sometimes we have topic themes and sometimes just a theme for the gathering in general.
- You must be a member of Connect Now.
- You must be willing to share the event a few times leading up to the event date.
- You must be willing to invite others.
We’ll also have a speaker table where storytellers/speakers can put their materials. We ask that you provide one page with your info on it, bio, and contact info. …and YES if you’re in business or have a non-profit, you can include your info on there. Here are some examples:
EXAMPLE #1: An adventure guide might have a story about something that happened while climbing a mountain or skydiving, and then on their one sheet, they would have a brief bio and photo on one side, and then maybe on other side there could be info about their adventure trips, equipment they sell, or whatever.
EXAMPLE #2: a wellness coach may talk about their journey of learning to loving food, and then on their one sheet, they would have a bio, and then maybe a recipe or info about their products, an upcoming class or online program.
You get the picture, right? There could be millions of examples, but that should give you an idea. Include a bio, plus whatever else you want to include. Only one rule, it has to be about you, not a friends business or some other cause. It has to be your business or cause along with your brief bio on the one sheet.
Complete the Application
Those who are approved will be notified by email. Sorry, we don’t have the capacity to notify everyone who doesn’t make it in. If approved, you’ll submit your $10 Story Slam fee through the event link provided.
Once approved, SUBMIT Your Payment HERE
Summer Party & Story Slam FACEBOOK EVENT